Thursday, July 10, 2014

Dear Mr. Nolan, Ms. Gilford, and Mr. Minnick, Thank you for the subpoena : )







Dear Mr. Nolan, Ms. Gilford, and Mr. Minnick: (Skadden, Arps, Los Angeles)

Thank you for the subpoena. I received in on June 28 by email in good order. I look forward to working with you to establish the truth.

However, it has been quite a challenge to find suitable local counsel there in California at such short notice. Fortunately, I found an excellent attorney and am just now working to finalize the terms of our engagement. However, I think that by the time our engagement is finalized, I will miss the deadline for submitting a response to the document requests attached to the subpoena. Therefore, I ask that as a professional courtesy you grant me a ten-day extension on the deadline for that submission, which would allow a proper response with the input of counsel. I am sure that it will also be in your interest to receive a properly formulated response so that we can move forward expeditiously.

Please let me know if you will accept this request.

With kind regards,
Betsy Benjaminson
(you may call me Betsy) 
(or maybe "rogue." )

Coming up: Legal defense fundraising. How interesting that will be.