Saturday, February 14, 2015

Tacoma owner, 2015: "engine accelerates on its own"


"Something is wrong with the dam thing."
Drifterss--you are not alone.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:28 PM  #1
drifterss454 [OP] drifterss454 is offline
Junior Member
drifterss454 is on a distinguished road
Name: stephen
Joined: Jun 2011, #58029
Location: sydney nova scotia
Gender: Male
Posts: 16
drifterss454's Tacoma Gallery
engine accelerates on its own

I have a serious problem with my 2011 Tacoma,4 cyl auto,access cab sr5 4x4. it went from an idle to full aceration with my wife pushing the brake pedal to the floor and holding on for dear life,this has happened twice and Toyota says that there is nothing wrong with the truck,has anybody else had this problem with their tacomas,I'd sure love to know. something is wrong with the dam thing,I don't care what Toyota tells me,wife is scared to drive the thing anymore,she was lucky twice,but maybe not a 3rd time if it happens again. please message me if anybody has had the same thing happen to them,thanks


http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-cylinder/363064-engine-accelerates-its-own.html