Thursday, September 8, 2016

"Q: WHAT caused my 2013 Lexus RX450H to independently accelerate?"


Q: Car independently accelerated and
brake did not work - 2013 Lexus RX450H
asked by Stephane M on September 07, 2016
 
I was in a parking lot and backing out of the space. All the sudden and
without any warning, my car started independently accelerating and speeding
up; my brake would not work. Finally, I was able to stop the car by putting it
into Park. The stop was very abrupt and I didn’t even realize the sound was
my hitting something. This same thing happened about ½ a month ago, but
fortunately I did not hit anything that time. What is causing this trouble and
how do I find the solution?

https://www.yourmechanic.com/question/car-independently-accelerated-and-brake-did-not-work-2013-lexus-rx450h-by-stephane-miller

GREAT QUESTION.