Tuesday, September 23, 2014

New defense counsel appointed, Hemant (Shashi) H. Kewalramani, after Dean Steward was appointed to death penalty case



Changing trains.



My appointed defense counsel, Dean Steward, asked the court to be relieved. As he said in his filings, he was just recently appointed to a 17-defendant racketeering and murder case, with his client facing the death penalty, and in addition he is preparing defense for an upcoming drug and money laundering jury trial and two fraud cases. He said he does not have time for me. I believe him. I am only facing Skadden, who, I am confident, will not ask for the death penalty at the contempt hearing. Although maybe they wish they could.

The new defense counsel is Hemant (Shashi) H. Kewalramani.

I am very happy to have such a respected attorney as my defense counsel.