Thursday, September 1, 2016

I have ALS; raising funds for wheelchair etc.



I have the fatal neuro-muscular disease called ALS, amyotrophic lateral schlerosis. I need an electric wheelchair.  The fundraising campaign page is here: https://www.gofundme.com/2kq5e5xr

Despite millions of dollars raised through the Ice Bucket Challenge for research, there is no cure in sight. The best we can do is hire caregivers and acquire equipment to deal with paralysis and eventually with inability to swallow, speak, or breathe.

Government benefits help a little, but are far from enough and tend to arrive far slower than the disease progresses. I am now quickly becoming paralyzed. I cannot walk. I can still type but only with one bent finger. So my friends are raising money for a wheelchair and related needs.

Please kindly contribute. Thank you. And heartfelt thanks to those who have already contributed.